Do you think the whole SHAM and PA questions just need to be dropped?

I think people should just stop talking about this because we all know it's going to cause drama.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I never knew being a SAHM was so looked down upon until I came to this site!!! I was an independent career driven woman in my 20's with a Master's Degree who *gasp* gave up the lucrative career shortly before having my 1st child at age 33--then I was a VERY satisfied SAHM for 8 years, until last fall when my younger son started full-day school, and I promptly went back to work.

Suring the time I was home my husband comfortably supported all of us on his income. I have a new career (as a teacher), I work full-time AND am able to see my kids off on the school bus each morning, and I'm home to greet the bus in the afternoon. Granted we never needed any form of PA, but I've seen SO MANY posts about how "old fashioned" or how "backward" it is in this day and age to be a SAHM when you can have a rewarding career, that I find it incredibly short-sighted and narrow-minded!! I feel as though I've "done it all!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• then all the breast feeding questions, CIO, spanking, working mom, sahm, welfare, and erf questions need to be dropped too. cafemom would become a wasteland.
    Anonymous

• There are alot of things that need to be dropped but they wont. Some people here love to start the drama then attack the ones that don't agree with them. It's all the same.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Are you quippy because you say "SHAM" instead of "SAHM?" Or was that a typo? Because I certainly am not a "SHAM". I'm a mother and a damn good one at that.
    Anonymous

• It really doesn't matter what's posted...the people that like drama are going to be the ones reading and posting in them...so we should all just learn to deal.
    Anonymous

• Hey, it is an open forum, all you have to do is pass the question and go on to another one.

Answer by older at 4:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• One can dream
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• People also seem to like questions that have two sides to them. For or Against. They tend to be the easiest and the hottest topics because you can yell your stance easy without too much pain on your voice box.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• its called a typeo, excuse me for making one little mistake
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I think people need to learn we live in reality and not their fantasy world
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2010