Help! I am pregnant and have no maternity coverage. What do I do?

I am in TX and do not meet the income requirements for Medicaid for Pregnant Women. Is there somewhere to go for low-cost maternity care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are there no county plans? Have you talked to a medical social worker? Also check out charity care plans offered by local churches? Finally look into what it would take to get insurance for yourself. I guarantee it would be better than trying to pay for all your maternity care and labor delivery costs out of your own pocket.

Try speaking to your OB/GYN about your lack of coverage. Is there a PAtient Advocate at helath care organization where you are recieveing care? If so talk to them to see what options they can help you locate.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 4:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Google low cost maternity insurance in TX, that is the only way you can find it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What about the father of your child? Where is he? Does HE has employer subsidized/private insurance? IF so, time for a quickie marriage!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree with LoriKeet
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 4:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Call the Health Dept. They are the ones that do it in our community when there is no medicaid
    Anonymous

• (I am the OP)

I am married but cannot enroll in my husband's insurance until August. When I do, I can hopefully get the late-pregnancy and L&D covered, right? It shouldn't be a "pre-existing" condition?

Thank you for your answers; I found a public health clinic in the next county that i am eligible to receive services at.
    Anonymous