Birthday party time?

Ok, my daughters birthday isn't for awhile but I was just thinking about this today while in the shower.

I like the idea of not having to have a actual meal planned during the party time, because it means I could shorten the party time and save money. But what would be the ideal time to set it at that people wouldn't come expecting to be fed a meal. I would of course have snack items no matter what, but what time would work out for not actually needing to have it set up that we will cook during that time...

I was thinking maybe 2 to 4.

mom_love07

Asked by mom_love07 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yeah, i'd say 2 to 4. We're doing my sons party at 4, and we're gonna serve a fair amount of snack but still no meal, but we're a second shift family so we typically eat later.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• 2-4 is GREAT (another good thing about that time is that it is after nap, but plenty of time to get home to get ready for bed).
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies, I was thinking that as well.
    Of course there will still be some stuff to eat but nothing big..

And I was also thinking that too, it gives kids time for a nap, but also time for the kids to be able to relax before bed time. And still gives people enough time to make lunch and dinner at home before and after...
    mom_love07

Answer by mom_love07 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh, and will still have snack items, like relish tray, chips and dip, fruit. and of course cake and ice cream.
    mom_love07

Answer by mom_love07 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• AGREE 2-4 is PERFECT~
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2010