Do you live in Georgia? If so, tell me about your city/town.

I live in the northwestern part of Georgia and this summer, my family and I are wanting to explore our state a bit more. So, tell me about your city/town. What is there to do there? Anything special that most tourist don't know about? What are your favorite places to eat at in your town? Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 4:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Travel

• i live in savannah..its gorgeous. esp. the city. all the old building and trees hanging over the roads. paula deen has a restraunt here but i like mrs.wilkes she makes homemade food everyday and only serves lunch. and on the first saturday ever month we have a street fair on the river front. we have a beach ..its great..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I live in Douglasville...not too much excitement!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't live in GA but have you been to visit Helen, GA and Unicoi State park, it is quite beautiful. There are some beautiful Islands too to explore in GA such as St. Simon Island and Hilton Head Island. Not sure if that helps but they were a few that came top of my head. Also Savannah is a must see along with St. Marys in South Georgia.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Well, I live in Henry County ( Stockbridge) which is about 15 minutes south of Atlanta...if you want something to do around here, you go to the city...

Atlanta Zoo
    Six Flags
    Stone Mountain Park
    Georgia Aquarium
    World of Coke
    Atlantic Station
    The Fox Theater for Broadway Shows
    The Varsity- chili dogs, onion rings and an Orange Freeze!!!! VERY bad for you, but delicious!
    Great Shopping in Buckhead at Lenox and Phipps Plaza
    The Mall of Georgia
    White Water- water park

There are tons of things to do and places to eat in Atlanta!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We are in pike county. We have horses, cows and a bunch of old people to see. teehee, go to Savannah and the outer banks like Jekyll Island and Tybee Island. Now is a great time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• The mountains in Chatsworth, Ellijay, and Blue Ridge are gorgeous with many parks and places to hike, ride bikes, etc.
    Anonymous