Birth control is 99% effective meaning it works 99 out of 100 times IF used properly.

Do you realize that if you have gotten knocked up 2 times while using birth control, that you do not know how to follow the instructions? It really gets old hearing about all these birth control babies and being on PA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What about the women that got pregnant while on the Depo shot...that's pretty hard to mess up lol. What about the women that got pregnant while an IUC was in place? What about the women that got pregnant while that thing that gets surgically implanted in your body was in there?.....

Anonymous

• I have wondered about this myself.
    Anonymous

• It goes without saying that it depends on the type of birth control being used... not all methods are 99% effective. Condoms are a lot less effective than that, along with other barrier methods. Not everyone can safely take hormones in contraceptive pills or IUDs. I didn't end up pregnant, but I have definitely had a condom break on me and a tense couple weeks waiting to see what happened... sometimes bc does fail legitimately, even used properly. Just playing devil's advocate!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You do know that no every womans body reacts the same to birth control. Yes it says it is 99% effctive, but you do know that , that fact can vary from woman to woman. Some women are VERY fertile Most people have a few months after being off BC before getting pregnant. Then there are people like me and my friend Crystal.who got pregnant the exact week after being off it.
    You don't know every womans body. Not as many as you think use BC anyways. My sister has 20 female friends in high school, all are sexually active only her and 2 others are on BC. That leaves 18 of her friends who are NOT doing anything to prevent pregnancy.
    Find soemthing new to complain about.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Why are all these PA posts anonymous? Stand behind your statement, why don't you?
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 5:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• actually it's my understanding that this is not what it means- it's my understanding that those statistics come from the idea that in trials they out of 100 women, one got pregnant.

and it doesn't mean that something was done wrong- a condom could have a weak spot, lots of things could happen.

heck, I once had a idiot counselor in college trying to say that it means that if you have sex 100 times that you'll get pregnant once while using that method-
    that is really incorrect............
    Anonymous

• BC is UP TO 99% effective meaning in the absolute best circumstances, fresh pills, or good placement etc. The true percentage is actually about 68% and this doesn't include human error if IUD's implants shots etc, and BC pills can have old hormones, and every person metabolizes things differently so that is kind of a dumb thing to say OP.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I have a 1% baby. He is now 15 and doing well.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2010