i'm used to giving the advice...now i need it

i live in a small studio apartment with my boyfriend...we will be moving into a 2 bedroom next month b4 the baby comes but for now its fine...one of my good friends had to leave her house because of her fathers drug issues. i want to take her in, just for a few days, but there is so little room. I don't want my friend out on the streets but at the same time it wouldn't be easy...advice

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Difficult to answer. What did your dh is saying?
    Anonymous

• he said that its my call
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You said just for a few days, it's a short term pain in the butt for you but what will it mean for her?
    Of course you should if you can at all manage it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Just a few days often turns into much longer. I think it would depend more on the actual time frame. Are you really sure that she will do what she can to find her own place? Or will it become an "I'll look for something next week...." kind of situation? If you are super positively sure that it WILL be a few days (less than a week) then I would probably do it. But, that is me. You know your friend, and how she is, how reliable and trustworthy she is, and I think that is what is you should consider right now.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Tough one. I was recently burnt by a relative, one burnt twice shy, three times---dumb! Needless to same if and when the next time comes, I will think twice no matter who it is. Good luck hope it works out well for you.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Have her go to a woman shelter for a few days.
    Anonymous

• Don't do it!!!! It's difficult because she's your friend and you don't want to see her out in the street, but it's gonna be 2/3 days to a week to a month then it'll be hard to tell her to leave. Like the OP said have her go to a woman's shelter. Where is her family?
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 9:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010