Stretch marks

I noticed a couple months ago that I was acquiring stretch marks on my breast. My spouse was concerned, so I asked my nurse about it. She told me that they went away after giving birth (sometimes) and there was nothing I could do about it.

However, I’ve been reading I could have put some cocoa butter or Shea butter lotion on them. I've also heard massaging them can help. The problem is, the stretch marks on my breasts are already pretty bad (not horrible, but not attractive either), will these lotions help? Is it too late, I’m I going to have to live within, (in my mind) nasty stretch marks forever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know exactly how you feel. I use to feel that way too, I am sure you still look just as beatuiful as you did before the pregnancy and the stretch marks. They do fade over time. I will tell you that I have MANY on my breast BUT you can NOT see them unless you are eye ball to boob on me LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I have horrible stretch marks on my boobs that have no gone away. My son is 7 months old now. Cocoa butter might help A LITTLE but it can also clog your pores and cause you to break out. I was using it when I was pregnant and started getting pimples everywhere so I had to stop. Stretch marks will fade but it takes time. I got a few right at the end of my pregnancy, on my stomach, and they are still there but not as bad as they were.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Nothing works, except laser surgery....
    Anonymous

• My breasts grew rapidly when i was a teenager, seriously...it was like over night. I got some pretty bad stretchmarks. It looked like an eagle came & grabbed me w/ his talons from my boobs. Anyway, when i got pregnent, i was scared it would get worse but it didn't (instead, i just got some on my tummy) BUT, nowa days, you can barely see my stretchmarks. They look a little lighter than the rest of my skin, but they're only noticable if you REALLY look. Same with the ones on my tummy. I was even wearing a bikini once & a friend said "how did you not get stretch marks?" I let her take a closer look to show her that i did indeed have them.

SO, they will go away some, but they will always be there too. Cocoa butter & vitamin E did nothing for my tummy...still got them there. Take it as a warrior scar. It's profe of your journey through motherhood. You earned those stretch marks & your baby will thank you one day!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• The only thing that will happen is that they will fade away, but they will never go away. I have had stretch marks on my boobs since I was 13. I went from nothing to a B cup like over night. I also have sever stretch marks from being pregnant. I got huge with my LO, but not any bigger then any other woman in my family. The way I see it is that your body will change no matter what you do. You will have stretch marks whether you like it or not. It is a fact of life and it comes with the territory. I truly believe that any woman who tells you she doesn't have stretch marks is full of crap.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• They will fade but NOTHING can prevent them or get rid of them. IT happens. Why would your SO be concerned? I mean that just sounds sorry but mean.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• @Mrs. Owen-It bothers me because I don't feel attractive. I don't feel sexy when i stand in front of my spouse anymore. He says I still look good, but the stretch marks do bother him a little...and even though they only bother him a little, I feel way less sexy.
    Anonymous

• lol i was pregnant and my boobs grew fast so i have stretch marks, hubby doesnt mind. i just put palmers cocoa butter on them, it keeps them all moisterized....i dont mind the stretch marks.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010