How do I find a charity for perthes disease?

My 7 yr old nephew has had perthes disease for a 1 1/2 years. Just last week he had surgery for his hip. His legs are 30" apart in A-Frame cast. My sister cannot afford to rent a van for him to be able to take him to school, doctor's appt, or just to get him out of the house. For the proper van for him to use will cost her $1,500 for 4 weeks. When he was released from the hospital this weekend,the ambulance took him home. The frustration of this young man is kicking in because he can't walk for 6 to 8 weeks. The family wants to brighten his spirits by taking him to the zoo, movies, ect. If you know of any foundations or charities that will work with my sister to find him temporary transportation that would be wonderful. Please let me know, I would gratefully apperciate it. Thank you for kindness and time.

ancphx

Asked by ancphx at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Health

• have you/she tried any of the local service orgs like Rotary, Elks, Moose or Shriners?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010