What would yo do if your mother made your ten yr. old son cry by telling him "you are not wearing those pants while we travel!! I'm not going to be embarrased!!"

KILOLeannan

Asked by KILOLeannan at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I personally would let my mother know that her reaction to what MY child wears was inappropriate & extremely unnecessary. She had no right to cause your child to feel bad about what he wanted to wear. I mean, there is enough bullying in schools now days & children should feel safe & free to be who they are at home! I hope that I didn't seem to heated in my answer. My grandmother is kinda like, with no disrespect to her...I would not tolerate anyone family, friends, or even a complete strangers talking to my children like that.
    ChEvYcHiCk4483

Answer by ChEvYcHiCk4483 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Id probably laugh....
    urromancelady

Answer by urromancelady at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I would probably think horrible things about her parenting style in my head. It's nothing I would feel the need to open my mouth up about though. It's sad that parents act that way. Let kids be kids...as long as they're happy and clean, what does it matter what they wear?!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My mom and I have a very open realationship and she knows if she said something like that to my son i'd probably just tell her that she needed to change her clothes and butt out.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would never let my child wear anything that anyone would make that comment about to begin with so it wouldn't be an issue. But if my mom did make that comment it would probably be only because I hadn't see the pants yet and I would probably would have told him to change them myself..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would tell her to grow up. If at her age she is still worried about what other people think then she really needs some help. I learned a long time ago not to worry about what people think of me just because of the people I'm with and I would hope she would be the same way.
    Quayla

Answer by Quayla at 12:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Is the child travelig with just Grammie? I would say in front of both of them that Grammie might want to rephrase what she said about your pants. And Grammie would know know that she should apologize and try again.

ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Get over it, big deal. No one is going to act like we want them to all the time. She is family, accept it.
    Anonymous