Can you sleep with your foot hanging over the bed?

When I was little, I always thought that when I got older, I wouldn't have irrational fears anymore. Now that I'm 22, I realized I was WRONG. lol. I've come to terms with the fact that these things will never change! I can't sleep with my foot hanging over the bed, I still book it up the basement steps after turning the light off, I get creeped out when I'm all alone in the house and I hear creaking, and I scare myself when I look down dark hallways, expecting a dark haired, contorted body to come crawling jerkily out of one of the bedrooms....

Do you have any irrational fears even as an adult??

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just about those same ones..except when i have any body part hanging off the bed, i have to constantly keep it moving-then im good. lol
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• yes i can, and almost always do...one of my things is i always have to close my closet doors when i go to bed at night..i cant sleep with them open.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• lol i have the exact same ones!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• haha..thats funny because I can so relate! But I'm even older than you..I'm 33 and I can not sleep with my foot hanging over the bed, I have some kind of weirdo fear that something is under the bed and is going to grab it, LMAO! Now, i do know there is not actually something under there...but my mind is already trained, can't change it,lol.
    Another thing is..I cant sit on the toilet before looking in it to make sure a snake isnt going to come popping out of it at my butt,haha.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• "Another thing is..I cant sit on the toilet before looking in it to make sure a snake isnt going to come popping out of it at my butt,haha."

YESSS! Hahahaaaa, I do that too! So does my fiance. I think it was the movie Arachnophobia that started that....
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I can now, but I was probably 30 before I could. And I think the reason I can now is that my bed is on a platform so there is no "under the bed". Because despite what my mind tells me, there is something under there!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• foot off the bed - heck NO! they've got to be covered too!

I jump into bed - something can grab me.

book it up the stairs from the basement

lots of little things
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• LMAO! Every one of these for me!
    Anonymous

• I refuse to go "check out the scary noise"
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Golden rule of sleeping, never... NEVER let any limb hang off the bed!!

HAHA I always thought this was silly but I never had, untill one night just so so tired I fell into bed and let my hand fall over the bed and went to sleep without even thinking twice, and some time after I dosed off something brushed my hand and woke me up, I screamed and yanked my hand back on the bed so fast, and had I been a cat I would have been clinging to the ceiling.
    By then I moved over so far next to my hubby I was almost on top of him. He thought I was nuts. heh!!
    Saiyangirlpan

Answer by Saiyangirlpan at 1:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010