post- baby period?

I'm still pregnant, but i was wondering about how long it took after the baby for you to have your period? Was it regular? Heavy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, I breastfeed, so I didn't get mine until my daughter was 5 months old. Other breastfeeding moms get it back after only 6 weeks and some don't get it until well after a year. Pretty much anytime is normal in the breastfeeding world.
    I'm not sure about when you formula feed.

Either way, you could still be fertile RIGHT after the postpartum bleeding, so be careful! :-)
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• OH, and it's been heavier for me. It still lasts about the same time though.
    BatGirl1415

• I'm breastfeeding as well it was a good 3 months after that I got mine.
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 7:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It changed with each child LOL.

DS#1~had my first post baby period 3 1/2 wks after he was born.
    DS#2~I breastfed and took some bc pills so I didnt have one til he was 4mths old.
    DS#3~he was about 7 wks when I got my first post period.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I breastfed, didn't get my period until I started weaning and that was around seven months. It took a few months to get regular again and now it is a little less heavy and my cramps are a lot lighter. Sadly, I still get period pimples like a teenager. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm breastfeeding and my daughter is almost 7 months and I have yet to get my period.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2010