Is there anyway I can get health insurance with a preexisitng condition? I have a procedure on the 25th that will cost a lot. I'm a 30 yr old mom and need health insurance like others..

uniquemom30

Asked by uniquemom30 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Health

• state aid if you qualify?
    Anonymous

• How can I qualify?
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• low income..... as in medicaide
    other wise no new insurance is ging to pay for a "procedure" this month.
    Anonymous

• I don't qualify for medicaide, Only pregnant women,children and disability.
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No you can't unless you get help from the state. And medical help from the state is not just for pregnant women, children and disabled. People with families, and low income can get it too. I have done it in three different states.
    Seems like insurance is one big huge game. You pay a $hit load of $$ to have it every month. THen when you actually use it, you pay even more money because of copays and refusal to cover.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You can qualify for Medicaid if you are low income. I have it as my secondary insurance. So, I'm not sure of your condition, but if you qualify Medicaid may be able to help you. If not, I'm not sure of a plan that actually accepts pre-existing conditions. :( I'm also on Cigna through COBRA, we pay 500 a month for it but thank goodness we have it because if we didn't we'd be royally screwed.

Have you asked the hospital about financial aid? I know some hospitals offer it to patients who cannot afford their treatments...just a thought. Good luck hun, I know it's hard. :(
    CallieLynsMommy

Answer by CallieLynsMommy at 10:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Sorry to tell you there's no way you're going to get insurance before the end of the month to cover something already scheduled for this month. The best you could do is cancel the prodecure, find insurance, and wait til after the waiting period to reschedule - BUT if it's for something you've been diagnosed with, it won't cover at all unless you're really lucky, or have an expensive rider. Best-case scenario is having the procedure done and then applying for charity aid through the hospital afterward - which is based on income but can be denied if they know you're doing this without being able to pay.
    Anonymous