Prices of coffee

i drink coffee at home but i was wondering how much do people spend on coffee outside the home? anyone? at coffee shop or the gas station? rough estimate of monthly expense? the help would be appreciated thanks.

At home i buy k-cups and one month is roughly $15.00 just for one cup a day thats just plain black!

Thanks for the help ladies

swaney06

Asked by swaney06 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have the keurig coffee maker which i assume you have as well since you said you use k cups. I drink one, sometimes two cups a day and it gets to be pretty pricey since the coffee costs about .50 a cup. Way cheaper than coffee shops though. But have you tried the thing that you put in the keurig that uses just regualr coffee. You just put anything in it. Lately i have been putting folgers in it and it saves a ton. You can get them anywhere that they sell keurigs.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I bought my first non-home coffee today - 20 oz for $1.40. At home, I use a regular coffee maker, but don't make a pot every day. I buy the big can of Folger's 1/2 caff, usually costs around $7 or so, and 1 can will last me up to a year. But I buy creamer too, but that's still under $2 for a week's worth.
    Anonymous

• I drink most of my coffee at home, although once in a while I will treat myself to a Starbucks. At my local Starbucks I get a grande white chocolate mocha with 4 shots and it cost me $5.96. If I am down in Illinois the same coffee is $6.12-- due to higher state sales tax. If I go to the Starbucks located in Target, they have the cheapest price for that same coffee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Most of my coffee is at home, I love Dunkin Donuts coffee and buy 4lbs for 19.99, that lasts us about a month. Maybe 2 or 3 times a month I get coffee out, usually dunkin donuts, about $2.00 a cup.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• wow ladies thanks for the help. coffee is so expensive now a days..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010