remodel house

so I am buying a house and it has the kitchen in it from the 70 its like a weird green brown and white color anyways, for buying a house we get 8000$ so I was gonna put a new tub and fence and kitchen in, anyways, I like the free standing kitchens from Ikea but I worry if i put one of these in and I resell the house in a few years you think it would be harder to resell it??

free standing just means that there is room underneat the cabints ect it would be wood and steal( http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/34631507 ) this is sorta an idea to the style anyways that or should I sand and repaint the doors and but now counters and handels ect on price wise its close to the same what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• European style cabinets? You should remodel your kitchen that will appeal to the Masses not just to you.  For resale reasons.  Watch HGTV.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i personally don't like it but if you plan to stay there for the rest of your life then yes if not then you may want to look at other options.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes, as a buyer, I would run from cabinets like that. Put in something lasting and nice looking if you plan to ever sell the house down the road.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• remodel the exisiting cabinets rather than put in european styling.
    As for replacing the tub.....if it is in good physical condition but in crappy cosmetic condition....look at having it refinished it instead. We've done that with one of our porcelain tubs and will be having the second one done later.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010