Probably the broadest question...ear infection,teething,colic, or reactions from shots?

Ok so I basically have some details and a list of symptoms and need some advice lol.

My baby is 2 months old now, and he just had is 2 month shots today, but there have also been previous symtpoms/factors. He has been very fussy the past 2 hours and refusing his bottle. He had a small temp the other day (highest it got was 101.1) and lately he has been drooling a lot and chewing his hand. Now I have been a little sick lately, and also recently the doctor prescribed us some medicine for gastric reflux. I was wondering if it could be any of the following options:
1) teething (he is very young but i have heard of babies teething this early)
2)ear infection (he has had a runny nose as well)
3) colic
4) a reaction to todays shots or the medicine
Any advice would be very helpful.

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh dear, it can be any of them. The best you can do is to keep him comfortable, call the doc in the a.m. and see if they want to see him or if you should continue to monitor him. I think they recommended giving infant tylenol after shots when my son was little, did they still tell you that?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• my doctor said not to use the tylentol/motrin til he was at least 3 months old....right now we are just keeping an eye....he has been sleepin for a half hour so far so I don't know about an ear infection, i had quite a few when i was little and i never could sleep
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Considering the evidence before the jury....

1 & 4.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i swear he's super baby with advanced growing powers lol 2 months old may be teething already 12 lbs, 2 feet tall, holds his head up and smiles and laughs like he's sittin in the basement on that 70's show
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It's most likely 1 & 4. My friends daughter started teething at 2 months so there is a definite possibility and he can get fussy from the shots. Just keep a close eye on him for fever. They sometimes get fever from the shots. And for the teething get a clean wash cloth and wet it a little and put it in the freezer for a 2 maybe 3 mins and take it out and just them him suck on it the cold will help the gums.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 3:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'm surprised the dr vaccinated when he has a runny nose. Maybe he's uncomfortable because he's congested? Have you tried some saline drops and a ball suction? Usually if it's an ear infection a baby will get fussier when laying down. Colic is constant and usually lasts for the first six weeks so I wouldn't worry about that one too much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2010