Bleed in the brain?

Is that a stroke? A precursor to a stroke? Something else entirely?
My MIL is in critical care. My husband is there but I don't want to call & pester him with questions. I'm home with the kids and very, very curious. Anyone know?

emhain

Asked by emhain at 8:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Health

• A stroke can be caused by a bleed in the brain. Usually, the bleeding can be stopped with medicine. It can be caused by a "natural" break in a blood vessel, by high blood pressure or by a blow to the head. It can be very serious or just a little. My prayers are with your MIL and your family.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i just googled it. if it is blood clot then it can or has caused a stroke or could be an aneruysm. i am sooo sorry. if you need to talk just message me. God bless you hun ya'll are in my prayers
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• be thinking about you-
    Anonymous

• A cerebral hemorrhage can cause death or paralysis. If it is an aneruysm maybe they can operate. I will be thinking of you. Hugs. Let us know how we can support you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Well, I hear they did operate. So I guess that's good news?
    Hopefully my husband will be home soon and I can ask him. I just have no patience and WebMD is somewhat less than clear on these things...
    Thanks for the info so far, though.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 9:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• not sure but will keep in thought
    ms_mommy_sue

Answer by ms_mommy_sue at 10:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2010