Am I crazy for not wanting to go to Maui?

My brother wants all of us to go on a family vacation in October, prob is I don't get along with all these people and I've seen pictures of Maui and it seems o.k. not something I want to spend 5,000$ on.Whats to do there it looks kinda boring there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd go and get lost and be unreachable lol!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Its like any other tropical beach but the prices are super inflated!

Anonymous

• Honestly, it is so incredibly over rated. We went there for our honeymoon and I hated it. Everything is over priced. It is BORING, unless you love lying on the beach (which I don't) and it's just not a good vacation spot. You're stuck on an island, can't drive somewhere fun because there is nowhere fun, and the moderately fun places will cost an arm, a leg, and your first born. If you want the beach, go to SoCal, where there is beach, plus other fun things to do that don't make you stuck on an island. Oh, so no, you're not crazy at all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm not into snorkling. I d rather spend all that money on some place I'd really like,without taking a airplane.
    Anonymous

• I live in so. california,so I have beaches all around me though I'm sick of them,I like warm water in the oceans are they warm?
    Anonymous

• if you like lots of things to do, I'd go to vegas- I like traveling, but I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on something I wasn't excited about either-

I'd find some place you would enjoy -
    Anonymous

• Spend the 5K going down to the S. Pacific (Cook Islands) where the water is divine, crystal clear, calm. Google it. Or, I am a big fan of Grand Cayman and Turks and Caicos. If you don't get along with the people, I wouldn't go. There are better places than Maui for sure.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Don't worry about it...I hate the ocean. I wouldn't go either.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm not a traveler and would rather stay home. I prefer investing the money making my home lovely.
    Anonymous

• I like traveling and I've been to Hawaii, though we went to Kauai rather than Maui and we loved it. But we like snorkeling, hiking, outdoorsy stuff like that. However, I wouldn't want to shell out that kind of money to go with a bunch of people I don't like. I would go on my own or with people I do like. Also when we went to Kauai, we rented a condo type place with two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, etc. and we will never do that again. We were never there. It wasn't really all that expensive for what we got, but if we had stayed in a hotel that just had a mini fridge we could have saved a bit of money.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010