Anyone elses DH too romantic?

My husband is always complaining that I am not romantic enough. The problem is I would be if he wasn't smothering me in affection all the time. He feels the need to constantly be touching me. He is always in a sappy mood. If I go to give him a kiss, he want a passionate kiss and then tries to kiss his way down my neck. Nothing is ever just a touch with him, it is a caress.
It is just getting to be too much. He is like a 12 year old with his first crush or something.
Anyone else have this problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes!! I will be doing dishes or cooking and he will walk behind me and put his hands down my pants or right up my shirt.. He always says you should be happy I love you so much, and I do ,but I don't want to be fondled constantly..

Anonymous

• lucky a$$!!!! lol mine could care less if he gets any noockey let alone kisses. damn if i could only have that to bitch about!!
    Anonymous

• man wish I had this issue! LOL Mine is the opposite and although all the time may be a bit much a little more would be nice! My friends hubby is like this too...so sorry I can't relate! LOL
    Anonymous

• I did have that problem for a while- I told my husband that I was thrilled that he was so attracted to me, but just comming up to me out of the blue and grabbing at whatever he wanted was as groping.
    I reminded him that my body is still my own, and no one has the right to touch me without my permission.
    So I told him it was fine if he wanted to come up and give me a kiss at first and all that- to approach with some build up and all that is romantic.

he got the idea and is very comfortable with it now-
    says he sees the appeal -

lots of work? sure- but so is marriage.
    Anonymous

• I'm with you. I am far from romantic, I see it as a huge waste of time and energy. There is just no reason for it in my world. My husband on the other hand, loves romance. He always want's to hold hands and cuddle - even in public! He refuses to buy me flowers because they are to impersonal, he always picks his own - which I think is beyond romantic to tacky!

But I deal, because I love him... I just keep hoping he grows out of it! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i would like a man to be affectionate but not feeling you up.
    Anonymous

• if i was in your shoes i would not be complaining i wish my man would be like that with me
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• This is something I tell my DH all the time. I would love for him to come to me and be affectionate. A tender kiss or a soft touch or something. But 9 times outta 10, he wants to look down my shirt, grope my boobs or ass, just fondle. It drives me nuts. I just tell him I'm sick of the straight to sex stuff..I want to romance and foreplay back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Oh gawd that's so annoying...too much is TOO MUCH! But by the same token, too little affection is too little, there HAS to be a happy medium...if it isn't instinctively there..I don't think you can ever just find it together, it isn't something you can train a man to be in tune with, or do for you like other things, like taking out the trash & stuff...lol.. you're not on the same page... that's sad :(
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010