What should you make to get out of your house in case there's a fire???

Okay ladies, here's the deal. My 6yr old has entered a contest hosted by the Philadelphia Fire Department. (BTW my 15 yr old, who's a Visual Artist at Creative & Performing Arts, just became a junior member of PriceWaterhouse Cooper I'M SO PROUD!) But my 6 yr old needs to complete this crossword puzzle in relation to fire. The winner gets $200 and only 3 kids in his class were chosen to participate. There were 18 to get all together and were done. EXCEPT to 12 Across which reads: Everyone needs to make a (BLANK) so they can get out of their house in case there is a fire. It's 14 letters across that Starts with "H" and ends in "N". Can be more than 1 word w/ no spaces. I think it's Home something b/c 3rd let. is M, but 7th let is H and 9th let is P. Are there any brainiacs out there that can help me? He's already spending his $200 in his little head and I really want to make this happen for him. Help me out MOMS...

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Instead of "lighter" it's probably "matches", then you have a "c" instead of an "h" and "homeescapeplan" fits
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Home escape plan

Anonymous

• homesafetyplan
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It sounds like it should be HomeEscapePlan but the second "h" you have doesn't fit. I would recheck whetever that word with the "h" was.. Good Luck
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I was thinking home escape plan as well. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Home and plan are your beginning and end...I have a feeling there's an error in your middle.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• sorry, missed that second H

HoMe - - H - - - plaN

can't think of anything. I agree with BlooBird about rechecking that word that puts the H there.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Should be Home Escape Plan ... check your other answers. Message me if you aren't sure,I'll try to help.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• See, the "H" comes from "Lighter" - "Adults use this to light candles" - 7 syllables??? Any other 7 letter words for what you would use to light a candle? The "P" comes from "Up" - Smoke travels in which direction? 2 syllables. The "N" comes from "Ceiling" - 7 syllables. "The best place for a smoke alarm is on the (BLANK)?" So if ANYONE has different answers for these questions, PLEASE...Do tell.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010