2 yr old eating habits

So my almost 2 year old son is going through a "I don't want to eat just snack" faze. He is a really good eater for breakfast and lunch at daycare but for about the last week, he doesn't want to eat dinner. He drinks a lot of milk which may fill up his tummy. But I am concerned because he is still in a 12 month winter coat and weighs about 25 pounds. Is this normal or should I be concerned. He goes for his 2 year check up at the end of April.

nicholasmommy6

Asked by nicholasmommy6 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how much milk? my son is obsessed with milk, but I noticed he wasnt as interested in food, just milk. So I just offer him milk with his meals and water the rest of the day.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• 25 pounds is about right.. my daughter is 26 months and weighs 28 pounds. I'm not sure about clothes though.. my daugther wears 2 T pants and 3T tops. (she's got a budda belly, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• So you quit giving him so much milk, and don't let him snack much - nothing within 2 hours of a meal. And if he doens't eat a meal, don't let him snack the rest of the night.
    Anonymous