Switching to a twin bed?

My daughter is 22 months old. I think she is ready to move to a "big girl" bed. I was thinking of getting a toddler bed, but we just got a twin bed (very small and pretty low to the ground) from my father. We have the bar for the side (it will be against the wall, so only need one bar)... Is it okay to skip the toddler bed and go right to the twin? Also, any tips on transitioning from crib to bed?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i switched my daughter into a twin size bed on her first birthday, i put the rail up and she was fine..i acually only kept the rail on for about a week, and never had any problems..i personaly think toddler beds are a waste of money..why not just go with a twin that way they can use that for longer...toddler beds are just cribs without the bars..waste of money, but thats MY opinion!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• yeah, that's fine.. my daughter wouldn't sleep in her toddler bed anyways. It was one of the transitional crib to toddler bed sets.. and she just didn't like the way it transitioned, (and neither did I frankly, I didn't think the bars covered much).. so I went into the attic and pulled out my old bed ( it has a nice flat spring "box spring" so really that part is only 2 inches off the ground... then the twin mattress. My father set is up so that her toy chest is actually her headboard, and supports a side bar as well. It looks very nice, and she loves it. (she's just over 2 years old)... we are just waiting for the new bedding to come in for it now ( right now just bought some sheets and her blankets from her old bed with one of my extra comforters, lol, really mismatched)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We were not planning on using a toddler bed, but was given one - but i really don't see the point of them...
    As for transitioning, it was not an issue for us either. Our boys were very exited and proud to be sleeping in a big boy bed :-D
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2010