anyone else fed up with their job and life??

I am a single mom, and a peds nurse. I woek in a peds office. I have friends who make the same as me as a school bus driver. But they don't have to pay child care because they have their kids on the bus, and get to go home with them at the end of the school day. I get off at 5 - sit in at lesat an hour and a half of rush hour traffic to get home with my son no earlyer than 630 and have to rush through homework, dinner, bat and bed. UGH. Why did I bother busting my ass in nursing school again?? Cuz it's not doing much for me now. This is NOTHING against school bus drivers and what they do and their pay - before someone gets mad. I am just discouraged, broke, get no time with my kid, and upset about it all tonight. (and maybe a tad jealous - lol)
Anyone else feel this way??

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I busted my butt to get my B.S. in Elementary Education only to graduate right as they are letting go hundreds of teachers. I am working as a preschool teacher at a daycare making minimum wage. However, I love my job and I feel like I have found my second calling for the time being. Things are starting to improve ( I was working crazy hours but now I am on more of a set schedule). I have new goals in my life and I am working on them one day at a time. I got tired of being unhappy and just decided that I was going to make the best of what life has handed me.

Anonymous

• I feel like I am fed up. I am currently arguing with my cousin because appartently I am mad for the wrong reasons. LOL Anyone ever have ya tell you, you are wrong about what your mad about!?!?! LOLOLOL.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• When you worry about what others have and do it only leads to unhappiness. I have had to tell myself I could have been one of those lost forgotten kids in Haiti.
    Anonymous

• UGH - Ok No I am not in Haitti. But that doesn't mean I'm not unhappy about being broke AND not getting any time with my son. I could handle broke for time- but both...
    Just sucks, I want to be home with him when he gets home from school, I want to have time to cook and do homework together, and hang out together ect instead of rushing through a million things in a short amount of time and then putting him in bed.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I work at walmart. My best friend makes 12.50 an hr, I only make 7.70. She works 8-5 Mon-Fri at a low stress job as security. I have crazy unpredictable schedules and work my ass off just to be underpaid. I hate it too.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I used to work in day care it didn't pay the bills so I busted my butt in nursing school as a single mom to make things better and be able to make ends meet. Right now while I make ends meet (barley) I don't feel better.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry you are so frustraed right now and sometimes we all get discouraged. Can you move closer to work? Or get a job closer to home?
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Message me...I can relate with you.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't live that far from work (maybe 10 miles?), and it takes longer at night then in the morn. But I live in the DC area, traffic is just HORRIBLE, even if you are going 5 miles you have to plan to be in the car for a while.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Why don't you get a job in a hospital, I know some nurses who make 30.00 and up and get OT and time in a half...At the hospital you could vary your hours as well, maybe do 3 - 12 hour hours then have 4 days free with your son..BSN pays more than RN and LPN .

Anonymous