Gah. Some Days Do They Just Drive You Insane!?!?!?

So any other SAHM's or even working moms just get driven insane by their children? Today DD has been ridiculous. (16 months). I feel like every 5 seconds I am telling her No today. Thank goodness bedtime is in an hour and a half. Then I gotta sweep to clean up her latest mess lol and pick up all her toys. I can't wait til Daddy gets back from Iraq so I get some help/a tiny break lol. I must say though we've cuddle today and had some good moments but tonight since dinner has just been overwhelming. And I know it will just be worse when DD2 is born lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• SOME days?? The only actual day off I've had from these two (ages 4 and 5) was last August, I got to have 2 hrs of my own to go to lunch with a new friend. I haven't been able to see her since. The Christmas visit with BM didn't pan out, due to sickness, lack of $$ at both houses and the weather. I'm not even going to look foreward to their summer visit, if it doesn't happen, I may get suicidal.

My thoughts are with you, by the way, I was an army wife for 14 yrs. I still have to look up my social, but can still rattle off my ex's. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We've been having a lot of those days recently.
    Anonymous

• lol Daisey, I don't have SO's memorized yet, but I have another year til we get married. :) I do have the last 4 memorized though.....I don't get days off. We did go to my litltle brothers bday party Saturday, so I got a break, but not a day off lol. My family was all over DD. Tonight I swear she's gotten a swat at least 4 times. Pulling the computer off the couch, which she got told no 4 times before the swat. Touching stuff she gets told not to touch, then finally the only thing that works is a swat. Ohwell, she's fine and being herself lol. Thinking bedtime is gonna be early tonight.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 9:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I think everyone gets that way sometimes. I'm not a military wife but I was a single parent so I understand.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Today was good overall but the bad part was when i turned the tv off and my kids said they hated me??!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I will say most day yes. I feel bad cause I feel like I am yelling all the time.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Im not a parent yet, still pregnant. But I know how hard it can be just being a military wife. Im married to a Marine. I know it must be rough with him being gone and being a mom. Ill be right there with you in a month. My hubby has been deployed the whole pregnancy and most likely wont make the birth.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010