Those who believe that they believe in God, but without passion in their hearts, without anguish in mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, without an element of despair even in their consolation, believe in the God idea, not God himself. ~Miguel de Unamuno

Responses?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not necessarily.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I think that this quote is very accurate. I think that alot of people believe in the idea of God but not God himself. Its very evident in alot of the comments and attitudes of people in everyday life.
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• True
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Most people believe in god based off of what they are told be church or parents. However this is not believing in god. In order believe in god you have to have a PERSONAL relationship with him. Your have to seek him out. You have to truly trust. You can't get these things because you are told to. You have to get them for your self
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• "If faith never encounters doubt, if truth never struggles with error, if good never battles with evil, how can faith know it's own power? In my own pilgrimage, if I have to choose between a faith that has stared doubt in the eye and made it blink, or a naive faith has never known the firing line of doubt, I will choose the former every time." -Gary Parker, The Gift of Doubt
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• In other words, my faith has been tested, it has been questioned and it has survived and grown stronger because of it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010