Four your first child what size clothing did you buy? Preemie or all new born?

First time mom, due in 12 weeks and I don't know where to start. How many clothes? How many onsies ect. Especially the size. ? Help....

Katina23

Asked by Katina23 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• newborns & 0-3 mo
    plenty of onrsies
    The often go through several outfits in a day
    lol
    congrats
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I had lots of newborn and 0-3 mos from my baby showers and ended up with a baby born just under 3 lbs. I had to do a LOT of preemie shopping.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My girls were both over 8 pounds so they barely wore newborn or newborn diapers..A lot of 3-6 month onesie and you will be fine!

Anonymous

• i would definately do a lot of onsies since warmer weather is approaching. and i would do newborn clothes to start. i used those for quite a while. i got a lot of hand me downs and gifts from other so i didnt have to buy a ton and i also have to work to get through all the clothes

congrats.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We had a ton of 0-3, newborn, and 3-6 month clothes when my son was born. But then he was born at 33w6d and so we had to buy preemie clothes. If you don't expect to have a preemie or your baby will be small don't buy the preemie clothes.
    Anonymous

• I got mostly 0-3 months. I wasn't lucky enough to have a shower and didn't know what I was having so a lot of people didn't get me stuff. My first was 8lbs 2oz and was 11lbs by 3 weeks so the little newborn stuff I got didn't last long. With baby clothes it's hard to decide what size to get before they get here. Get a some of both newborn and 0-3 months. Keep the smaller stuff still packaged so if your baby doesn't fit into them you can return them. Your baby will grow into 0-3 so if they are too big it's not a big deal. They say to buy 8-10 onesies, 8-10 sleepers, and 8-10 gowns but if you have a washer and can do laundry more often I don't think that many is necessary. If you have to go to the laundry mat buying more is better so you don't have to go everyday or so.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I never go tnew born. BOth my kids were almost 9 lbs, so 0-3 months was what they started in. Now my 10 month old is in 18 month clothes.

I would just get lots of onsies and sleeper jammies.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i had a few newborn and mostly 0-3. preemie clothes are RELLY small. some babies are even born to big for newborn size.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• For your first I would at least have some newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Every person is different, for myself I had complications so my eldest (first born) was in doll clothes for a couple months, and then in preemie, then in newborn, she basically grew slow and is still very small. All of my children were small probably because both my husband and I are and because I did have complications with each so the other three of my children although born at 6lbs did live in newborn for awhile.

For the average person your child if they hit newborn size will be in that size for 2-4 wks (possibly a little less or longer). Like many others that have responded to this post already or like my best friend you could end up with a larger baby that never hits newborn size and is in 0-3 months, it's hard to tell until they come out. You can always return the item if they do not use them, just keep tags on it.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• my son was over 8 lbs, he hardly fit into new born diapers but we managed for about a mth then he was in size 1. he was in 3-6 mth clothes from the get go. he was very long when he was born and is very tall now. hes 2.5 yrs old and wears size 5T clothes. you'll need tons of clothes lol congrats!
    Anonymous