Cramps or Contractions

ok so all day I have been having pretty strong "cramping" in my lower abdomen and even up more in my belly at times. I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with my 1st so I don't really konw what to expect. At one time today I was having this every 15 minutes or so. last week I was dilated to 2cm and 90% effaced. Do you think these are just cramps or BH or maybe early labor??

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 9:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I went into labor, it started out as just like a crampys feeling that came in waves randomly. As the day went on, the cramping felt more intense and was coming more frequently. By the night I was having full blown contractions that were 5-10 mins apart consistently. My son was born at noon the next day. Sounds like the beginning stages of labor to me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i had random cramp feelings just from everything growing all through my pregnancy.. but man when the contractions came i KNEW what they were, i couldnt walk, talk all i wanted to do was curl into a ball. trust me, you'll know and wont mistake them for anything else!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010