16 and pregnant

im about to have my second baby how am i gonna make it being a single parent?

LittleMama520

Asked by LittleMama520 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• Pray to God and get yourself a good support system. Wow, 16 and mother of 2. I hope you're staying in school through all of this.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• was it with the same person? was it accidental? maybe you need to plan better or get on birth control or someting, or you may make your life harder but also that childs life...
    Anonymous

• Wow, hun. I wish that I could say that I know what your going through, but I don't. I found out I was prego with my first when I was 20. What I do suggest is that any support that you may have, friends or family use it!!! : ) If your in a situation were the father isn't being responsible, nail him for child support...it does require two people to make a baby & he is still responsible for helping financially. I know for a fact that school all by its self can be extremely difficult, but trust me, finishing school will have its pay offs in the end. So hang in there, keep your head up, & as stupid as this might sounds, were there is a will, there is a way. I do hope that this helped at least a little. If you ever wanna chat or vent, please feel free!!! Take care & don't worry you will do great! : D
    ChEvYcHiCk4483

Answer by ChEvYcHiCk4483 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It is not easy. I was seventeen when I got pregnant with my son. It is important to try to stay and school and get your highschool diploma. I know it is hard but most schools have programs now to help. I was able to go the first semester at my high school and the second semester at a school for pregnant mothers. It wasn't easy. I was the only one keeping my baby there. However, it was worth it. Try to find family or friends who are encouraging and can help out some. You might check out your local DHS and see if there is any kind of financial help you would qualify for. Just remember that even though it is really hard now it really goes by fast. My son just graduated from high school. It still seams like yesterday that I had him. Just remember that no matter how hard it is now your children are a blessing. If you have any questions or need advice just ask. I wish you lots of luck with your two children. Don't forget to still take some time for yourself.
    momofawx2

Answer by momofawx2 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Wow, your so young honey. If you have a local church that you can go to, I would suggest you do that, you could find friends, and people that will help you. Stayed focused, and stay in school if at all possible! I know it's got to be hard being a young mother, but you can make it, you've already took steps for some support by reaching out on here, now just take care of yourself, and if you don't have a support system seek out friends, or churchs like I said and get some people that care. And I hope and pray your children will be taken care of, and remember they are a blessing, and there's a reason for everything! Hang in there, stay strong! And we're here if you need us!! Devotedmom
    devotedmom65

Answer by devotedmom65 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• have you thought about adoption? I gave my baby up when I was 17. It was the best thing I did for him.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 11:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'm 18 years old, I got regnant when I was 17 and just had my daughter 2 months ago. Yes it is hard! But it's also possible! The most important thing I can say to you is stay in school. Yes it'll be hard, but it's worth it! I stayed in school and got my diploma, now I will be working full time, and going to college full time, so trust me it is possible. And like everyone else had said, look
    Serenity417

Answer by Serenity417 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• for programs in your area that can help you, they helped me out a lot! Good luck! Don't hesitate to send me a message if you need to talk!
    Serenity417

Answer by Serenity417 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Do you mean financially? Well, obviously a computer and internet service you have the money for. That over formula I guess. You should have thought about that before you had sex. You would think you would have learned your lesson the first time. You are barely old enough to get a job. Your life is ruined. Yes, this is blunt, but sounds like someone should straighten you out. Obviously your parents taught you nothing.
    Anonymous