Do I have any right to be pissed off?

First off, me and my friend have been friends for 20 years. Now, I live 30 minutes from her, Ive had my license since 16. She has not. For 5 years I drove to see her whenever we wanted to hang out and such. I would do her hair on a regular basis, go to see her daughter and go swimming with her. She recently got her license and is telling me that is it a two way street because I am upset. She has yet to see my house. She tells me that she is busy and is now defending herself that she has to get her daughter off the bus at 3:30 ( she goes from 12 to 3) .... Couldnt that be worked around, maybe come see me in the night time? She doesnt work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I wonder how much she values your friendship if she can't drive 30 minutes to see you. The having to pick up her daughter only works on weekdays. She could come over on weekends.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh man.... I just said some mean things..... Yikes
    Anonymous

• lame. quit hauling yourself to see her and maybe she'll make the effort.
    Anonymous

• We've all had a friend like this at least once in our lives. It all depends on whether you want to put up with it. I have a friend thats the same way we live 3 minutes from each other, but she'd rather we hang out at her house. Usually its fine, but sometimes overwhelms me, so I stay away for a little while until I cool off. It all depends whether you can put up with a friend like that. With my friend I don't see it as fair at times but she's a great friend in other ways. So again can you put with it? How much are you willing to give of yourself to someone who may not want to give back. GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• That's what I call a one way friendship. If you are the one doing all the work. I've had those. Don't have them anymore. If you don't want to put up with it anymore, then don't. You don't have to.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i understand what your saying. i was there once and after a month that person came to see me. u have to let her know how u feel and why with out seeming like your mad. just friendly. she should come around. but on the other note if she got her licence not to long ago u have to give her time to adjusting to driving..she might be statrting off close to home and when she is comfortable she might verture futer i lived in a city when i got my licence it took me 2 months of driving before i would drive myself to the otherside of the city ( i wanted to know all the streets and one ways lol ) so if thats the case give her time to get to know all she needs to. or let her know of any short cuts with no cunfusion of certin intersections and stuff. i myself still to this day love all back roads. i hate highways. jmo..good luck.
    Anonymous

• Maybe it's time to make new friends
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. I moved 45 mins away from my best friend and I kept feeling like she was shoving me off. We are both very busy women in our own ways. She doesn't have kids but she goes to school and works full time. But we only saw each other once in the 9 months we had been here. We talked it over and got together a couple of times. But, still we are busy!!! It is rough for me to make the drive with a crazy 18 month old and he gets scared to nap at random places. Still, I've made the trip and she has come here.
    However... if your friend is unwilling... you shouldn't keep extending yourself. She will get the idea. Maybe there is more to it though. Is she depressed and not wanting to even go out and leave the house? But, she really could be very selfish and not want to deal with it! Sometimes friendships fizzle over stupid things. Is this something you want to argue about or are you willing to overlook it and deal? :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Shows you what type of friend she really is, doesn't it? Stop wasting your time.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2010