My son is not interested in milk...PERIOD!

My son has been off the bottle for a month he is going to be 14 months. He was drinking milk from his sippy at breakfast, lunch and dinner...about 4-6 oz each time. All of the sudden, he dosent want it. I offer it to him and he takes a drink and this spits it out! The milk isnt bad, he use to his sippys so what do you think is the deal? He drinks MAYBE 4 oz a day...I am a bit frustrated. I offer him then mostly water because too much juice is bad for his teeth and I dont want thim totally getting use to the sweet taste! HELP!

momtobe3209

Asked by momtobe3209 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cut out the juice totally. It's empty calories. Feed him a healthy diet instead.
    To replace the milk offer other calcium rich foods such as broccoli, yogurt and cheese.
    Anonymous

• Oh thanks! I completely forgot abou the calcium rich foods! WHen he gets juice is only about 4 oz waterd down, but that makes sense.
    momtobe3209

Answer by momtobe3209 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I use to give my son a bit of juice in water and he had HORRIBLE tooth decay. I say cut out the juice all together. There is NO need for yous son to get calcium from cow milk. Humans are not made to drink milk after toddlerhood. Stick with dark greens and calcium rich foods.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Neither one of my children like to drink milk, they are 5 and 2. The doctor assured me it is not necessary to get them to drink milk after they start eating a healthy diet. Both of my kids love cheese and other calcium rich foods, so the doctor said don't worry about it! They are both healthy and doing great!
    Kat72280

Answer by Kat72280 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Bump above- all the ads etc on TV about your kiddo needing 600mls of milk are from.... the dairy industry!!! Of course they will say that. Your son can gain calcium from many other foods... and actually alot of people have trouble absorbing calcium from milk/milk products and it just gets excreted. Leave it out, don't push it and he may or may not change his mind later on. Humans are the only animal on the planet who drink the milk of another animal, it's not natural ( even if it is accepted as normal).
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2010