9 weeks

I have a Dr app tomorrow, This will be my second time seeing him i was wondering what should i expect he will be doing do you think i could here the baby's heart beat i know some people say you cant here it till 12 weeks. but some people here it early on don't they? what happen at you 9 week visit? please no bashing!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why would someone bash?
    Odds are no you wont, I am not sure that the Dr. would even try. If he does try there is a small cahnce that you could hear it.
    They will weight you and all that fun stuff, Might draw blood if they haven't already. Basically just a how ar eyou feeling appointment. Make sure to write down any questions you have for him and make sure to ask. If you are having bad morning sickness too tell him. Good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/your-baby/week-9/beat.aspx

Here's a good place to read about where you are right now in your pregnancy, and what you can expect... Congrats!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I didn't hear my son's heartbeat until 16 weeks. I'm sure you won't be able to hear the heartbeat at 9 weeks. I've never heard of anyone hearing it that early...although they can see it beating on the monitor. Like the FP said, they will weigh you, draw blood maybe, urine test, measure your uterus possibly. Nothing too exciting.
    Anonymous

• my first visit was at 8 1/2 weeks w both kids.
    they did a pelvic exam and pap smear, vaginal ultrasound and went over paper work for all the genetic testing (whether or not you want to do it).

if they did that at your first apt, then this time you may just egt an ultrasound to see the heartbeat. it usually cant be heard w a doppler until after 10 weeks, and then it just depends on the position of the placent as well. my ob coukdnt here it at the 12 week apt bc of the placenta, so she did an ultrasound and saw it.

good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010