bra size??

I had left my bra in the bathroom and I walked past the open bathroom door, and I saw my son looking at my bra, he was looking at the label, he was defenitly checking out the size. I was a little embarrassed and I didnt know what to say to him, but thats personal information why was he looking at my bra and why was he curious about moms bra size?? Is this something to worry about ? Should I say something to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i would think he was more or less curious as to how they measure...so when he hears someone say a certain size he can kind of understand more, lol, by comparing them to your size..i wouldnt say anything to him about it tho.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I would ask his dad to talk to him, if possible, if not just ask him if he has any questions about women that he wants to ask you.
    don't embarrass him by letting him know you saw him looking at your bra , just let him know your there to talk/listen.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• my teenage son did that have his dad talk to him everything will be fine. it's just a boy thing remember that boys go threw all sorts of things but have his dad talk to him or an older brother cause when i tried...he just turned bright red. so us woman must be very careful when it comes to these kind of talks
    Anonymous

• He is probably curious about references to bra sizes in general & saw peeking at your label as an easy way to get a reference point - "ohhh that is a c cup"-. If you feel violated & wish to use the opportunity to discuss personal boundaries that is valid. However, you left the bra in a place common to the whole family, so I am not sure that causing him embarrassment over legitimate curiosity is the best route. Personally, I would let it go unless he seems to start foraging for undergarments.

Anonymous

• if it was personal info why did you leave it laying around?
    Anonymous

• If I saw my son doing this as a teen, I would just point out, that it is a size "giant" :) Maybe he would be a bit embarrassed, but we would all laugh.

They are only 3 now, and like trying on my bras.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• haha, twin mommy, mine is 2 and wears my bra as a hat (and usually when company's over. I don't know how he finds them).
    I don't know if you can really count a bra size as personal information, especially if you left it in the bathroom. He's a boy, they don't have bra sizes and as he gets older, it's kind of a hot topic. I remember in high school, guys were almost cruel to the ones who didn't know bra sizes. I don't know how old your son is, but it's probably come up at some point and he wanted to be in the loop.

Even if he's too young to be having bra conversations, I'd imagine it was just innocent curiosity. Probably best to just let it go.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 10:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2010