Progesterone Pill (TMI maybe)

I have been taking 10mg of it for ten days at the beginning of every month for about 3 months and nothing has happened. So I went back to the doctor and he upped it to 20mg a day for ten days. Well when I was taking it before about 5 days after I would have some miner cramping. Nothing to bad. But ones I started the 20mg (tonight will be dose #4) I almost immediately started cramping and what felt like my vagina was beginning to swell a bit. Im not sure how else to describe it. But is this normal?

sweetiowamommy

Asked by sweetiowamommy at 11:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are trying to conceive, I would try going on a green veggie diet, with no caffeinated drinks. By green veggies, i mean spinach, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, zucchini and eggplant especially. no caffeinated drinks means just that. NO coffee, no soda, no tea, no red bulls, no monsters, no 5 hour energy drink, no caffeine in your diet. Caffeine helps to kill sperm, or thats at least what i have heard from a certified nurse on the Military base on which I live. None of those. Water and Juice is all that you are allowed to have if you plan on making this work. My friend went on a diet just like this and got pregnant after 2-3 months. Its at least worth a try.
    NekoClone

Answer by NekoClone at 11:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh wow I didn't know that about caffeine. Thank you for letting me know. Yeah when pay day comes around and it is shopping day everyone in my house is going on a strict diet. What is the best thing to eat to get pregnant? What about for men?
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree caffeine should be avoided during ttc, but also other acidic drinks like juice and decaf coffee, tea ect. From what I have found through my research is that those products are acidic and can change your ph balance which then can kill sperm. Some women aren't affected and some are. I don't know anything you should eat to get pregnant, but I do know that there is a lot of research to support full fat dairy products (whole milk and yogurt). I have read that women should have an 8 oz serving of those whole fat foods right after you ovualte until you can test. The fat in those products can help with implantation. And also I have read that eating carrots right before you ovulate can increase your cm and it did work for me! GL!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 6:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2010