Meeting my Step-sister my Mother Gave up for adoption!

Hello everyone! This coming weekend I'm going to meet my step-sister my mother gave up for adoption. My mother has already met her and they hit it off very well. I'm excited, worried all kinds emotions are going on. I have always wanted to meet her, and my mother was very open about what she did and is very happy that she has met her daughter. I would love to give her something when I meet her. I'm having trouble thinking of some thing to give her. My mother gave her an angel statue, and my step-sister gave her a photo album. I would love to get some ideas. Let me know if anyone can think of some thing. Thank you

shell44

Asked by shell44 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Wouldn't she be your half sister? You and her came from the same Mother so that makes you blood related... Anyway, get her a card, something that say's something from your heart, and maybe a figurine of sisters...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i was thinking the same thing mrsleftlane. The willow collection has a beautiful sisters figurine .i love the whole collection.
    chicklet34

Answer by chicklet34 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree, they are nice. You can by them many places - I even saw them @ Cracker Barrel if that restaurant is close to you.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Do you have any information about things she likes or collects? I would get her something according to that. Another idea, if you're the crafty type, is to make something that comes from your heart, like a painted picture frame or plaque with a little poem about family or sisters.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• First, congrats on getting to meet her, and that things are going so well with the meetings so far :-)

But, I agree, actually, she would be your half sister - a step sister would be the daughter of the person your mother or father married and wouldn't be any blood relation. But, since you both have the same mother (and, I'm guessing, separate fathers), then she would be your half sister :-)

As far as what to give her, how about maybe 3 or 4 small photo albums (not too many pictures in it) The 1st with pics of you growing up, your mom from when she was younger, etc. The 2nd blank, and ask her if she would be willing to put pictures of her childhood and etc in it for you all, and the 3rd (or 3rd and 4th if you want one for each of you) - also empty, with the request that you all fill them with pictures of you and yours with her and her kids, for the new memories you hope to make with her.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2010