Do you believe Christian(Private) schools should receive help from the state?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As Ben Franklin observed, if a religious institution cannot support itself without government interference perhaps it should not exist in the first place. I can put it more simply. NO.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No. Nothing against religious schools but giving them tax money blurs the line between church & state.
    Anonymous

• Sure why not. They don't need to tho, the students parents pay for the school.
    Just because htey are Christian schools doesn't make them any less apart of this country or the state they are in.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No, because then the government will feel they have some say or authority in what the private schools do and/or teach.
    Anonymous

• no...if the school needs money tell the parents that the bill to send their child there will go up...if they need money they shouldn't have gone to a private school but to a public school
    Anonymous

• No. It's against the seperation of Church and State designated in the Constitution.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What makes you believe they get help from the state?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Nope. Separation of church and state.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• NOOOOO WAAAAY! And this is not just the seperation of church and state issue (which would completely make no sense if they funded religious schools)
    I am an atheist. My son goes to Montessori. I pay for him to go there because the government has completely FAILED at attempting to run public schools. Even though there are some that meet the standard, it is not fair compared to others that dont. I do NOT want the government having any say in what my child learns in school. He will be taught to his knowledge and capabilities, not to a standardized test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010