postpartum question

I had my baby on the 17th of Feb. I did not tare at all during labor, and my bleeding has stopped. My husband wants to have sex now, but im afraid something will happen. Is it necessary to wait the 6 weeks or can you sooner?

Who did not wait ? and was it pain full and did anything bad happen after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can before 6 weeks just be VERY careful you CAN get pregnant.
    You are very fertile right now.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We waited 4 weeks because my SO was going insane, I did tear and had 4 stitches but i was fine it kinda burned a little, don't be tense it makes it worse, It will hurt as he goes in but once he's in you'll be fine.

They ask you to wait the 6 weeks so that your body can recover from the trauma of labor, you are welcome to do it before then, just depends on the woman.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I had a c-section and i didnt wait, i think it was like 10 days after and i wasnt bleeding anymore either. But i was soo scared afterwards but nothing bad happened.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i had a csection and i waited 2 weeks. it hurt a little bit, but it wasnt too bad, it still felt good, i enjoyed it. i didnt get any kind of infection or anything, but use some BC cause i found out i was pregnant when my son was 4 months old..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It's up to you. Listen to your body, and if anything hurts, STOP. Definitely use a condom, as you are pretty fertile now.
    I had a c-section, and we waited about 3 1/2 weeks. I was feeling ready sooner, but we waited that long. We didn't have any problems.
    If you're still not comfortable, tell your husband you want to wait until you get the doctor's okay.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010