Which came first...

the chicken (creationism)

or

the egg (evolution)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bacteria.
    Anonymous

• Chicken
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• chicken
    Anonymous

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• "A philosophical question for you, and I apologize for the cliche, but here it is.... What came first, the chicken or the egg? I suppose we could rephrase that as Heisenberg's theory of uncertainty. Granted, it is a bit of a stretch - one concerns the idea of what begun the perpetuation of a species, the other is an attempt to prove a being can be present in two states of being at the same time....
    On second thought, let's skip Heisenberg.
    I suppose if we go back far enough in time, we can show that the question is not valid - if you follow the concept of evolution, we find that it was actually the lizard that came first, so we can finally put (forgive the pun) this bird to rest.
    But hold on, you say. That's a huge cop out! Well, again, you'd be right. I never said I was going to argue one way or the other, but I suppose that's what you were expecting so, let's take a closer look at this.
    cont...
    SleepingBeautee

• ....A brief run through my favorite search engine (yay GOOGLE!) offered up an interesting little nugget that "allegedly" proves the argument has a conclusion: The egg came first. They claim that even though the parent may not have been a chicken, if the egg was a mutation that creates a chicken, the egg is considered a chicken egg. Therefore, the egg came first.
    If you want to argue ownership rights, that's a different post. This one is finished.
    (Personally, I was rooting for the chicken)"
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• See   the EGG came first! 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• it was the egg
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 11:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• View Image
    Anonymous

• the chicken Genesis 1:20 "And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky," So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good."
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010