Why do you think the movie "Avatar" did not win a grammy?

You would think they would atleast had one one grammy but nothing c'mon that was a very good movie.

What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• That was a very rude and pointless answer anon. Very immature of you.

I was surprised Avatar didn't take Best Movie but it did win several other awards: cinematography, Artistic Direction, set design and one for sound. There were one or two more but I don't remember the categories.

The reason I think Avatar didn't win is because James Cameron has made mega millions (over a billion on Avatar) on his pictures and his movie Titanic won a lot of awards ( including Best director, I believe). We all know he's extremely talented and makes great, memorable movies. He also has buku bucks. It's not that hard to assemble the best cast and crew when you have notoriety for making blockbusters and Academy Award winners.

Hurt Locker was the underdog even though it is controversial as far as not giving credit to the owner of the story. Finally, a woman won for Best Director. I think that's so cool!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• cuz it was super gay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It didnt win a grammy? really when did i miss the music awards?lol just messin.. I never saw avatar yet, but id like to.. Shocking it didnt win an" OSCAR" though.. it was the most money made movie or soemthign like that
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 12:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Because it was the same ol' crap packaged in a different way. New, shiny, special effects... Ooh, pretty.... But the plot blew. I'm glad they saw through the packaging.

http://failblog.org/2010/01/10/avatar-plot-fail/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Just because a movie makes a ton of money doesn't mean it is worthy of an Oscar.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 8:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Because, the movie that won....was better! ;)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Because the Grammy's are for music.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Because ACTORS vote on the Oscars and that kind of movie can put actors out of business. or at least that is what one commentator said.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• As I told DH... For the same reason Star Wars didn't win when Ghandi did.

The Best Picture should be the film that is the best. It's not a popularity contest. Avatar is visually stunning, but that's about it. Yes, it's going to change the way movies are made and yes it's made a tonne of money but it was just a movie, just entertainment and not of Oscar calibre.

Cameron already won an Oscar for puff when Titanic made it through.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I didnt know Avatar was Music...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010