My husband would like to find out the sex of the baby, I would like to wait, Ideas?

This is our #4, so far we have had only lovely girls, we both would like a boy Lord willing :) If he were to find out and just not tell me I could read the news like a paper, and I may as well have seen myself, it would also be nice if we do get a boy for planning purposes since all we have is girl stuff.. lots of girl stuff lol.. and maybe it would help if it is a girl for my husband to accept the idea of another wonderful princess instead of a hunting buddie. I know He will love her to peices just like our others just as I will so maybe it wont be an issue, just looking for ideas, experiances, & other mommy wisdom. Has any one been through the same thing? What did you do? How did it work out?? Thanks for the help!! :)

ChristianMamaO3

Asked by ChristianMamaO3 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when i got my ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby i actually looked away (it was very hard but i did it) and the dr told me DH the sex and not me. I went the rest of the pregnancy just buying gender nuteral items..until i was about 38 weeks and DH couldnt hold it in anymore, i came home from a drs appt and he had the entire house decorated in blue streamers, balloons, cup cakes..etc .. but i wasnt bummed i kinda had a feeling it was a boy.. if you really dont want to know then id explain it to your husband..but also why not know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• haha how cute, streamers and all, what a proud papa!! My honey is the strong silent type, and I've gotten really good at reading his body language, so even if he agreed not to tell, it would be very obvious to me..and why not know? well just because its number four and why not? haha Thought it would be cool to have Him be the one to tell me on the big day.. het him even more involved.. It might turn out to be a beautiful memory?♥
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i couldnt wait to find out with my second... so i did ask the technician .. dh did not want to know so we didnt tell him... but eventually he found out :).. actually i think i prefered to know.. and anyways either ull be surprised now or later!!!!
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'm always the one advocating people waiting but in your situation, I think you should just go ahead and find out. Like you said, let him find out now if he's having another girl or a hunting buddy. You guys can be getting ready either way. I'm expecting my 4th and of course we are waiting but that's because it TRULY doesn't matter. We have 2 girls, 1 boy already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We had planned on finding our what our third was but I didn't want to know from 20 weeks on. So we had planned on having the tech write it on paper and then we were going to wrap it and open it on Christmas, which would have given us 5 weeks until my due date to prepare. Our little one was not happy with the idea and was hiding so we didn't get a peek anyway, but maybe you could do something like that. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• khedy.. That sounds like a bunch of fun! Great Idea. We will be having the baby before christmas, but we can just pick a day♥ annonomous 4:59 If my hubby doesn't think the gift Idea is as cool as I think it is then thats what we will probably do, Unless any other ideas come in the sound good haha Thank you for all your help everyone☺
    Elizabeth♥♥
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010