*shaving challenged*

I am having a helluva time with this new shaving thing I'm doin..'down there' I get razor burns all the time, I can never get all the hair, it burns afterwards so I slather vitamin E all over it and tell the bf he has t wait till it stops burning to touch me...if I shave in the morning instead of after he gets home I just get 5 oclock shadow and whiskers ensue...I can't win this battle! Can anyone reccomend a good razor? I use a disposable one but am thinking maybe an electric shaver would be better...? Or maybe a more expensive disposable than the one I use... Suggestions anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if your just starting it will get better..promise it wont always burn. i used to running scolding hot water and run a washcloth under it and kinda just let it sit down there for a couple minutes. it wont solve it but it does help alot
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 12:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I use the venus razor. Also if you soak it in water for a little bit before you shave that helps too. Do not shave up, shave down. Once you do it more it will get easier
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OP here...OOOH...shave down...? Ok, that could help...! thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OUCH a disposable? Use a Venus! Also a little shave gel helps
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 4:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I actually found using a suggestion from another mom on here to be very helpful: use a man's disposable razor. It gives a closer shave and they seem to be a bit sharper. I use Bikini Zone shave gel (it stays clear so you can see what you're doing). Soak in water for a few minutes first, I shave in all directions. I use Bikini Zone After Shave gel or creme afterward to help with itching and razor burn, and never have any issues.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2010