Where's a good place to advertise my home business?

I've tried Craigslist. That's ok but I want more. I don't have a ton of money to spend.

tneeley

Asked by tneeley at 12:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• you can make fliers and hang them on the bulletin board at your grocery store, make a page for your buisness on facebook or myspace
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 12:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• CM has a couple of groups where you can advertise your business. Also, try MerchantCircle.com. You can get a free basic membership and you get your own webpage as well.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You need to get out and network. Try your local chamber of commerce and the local chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We don't have a lot of money to spend on our home business either. Here's what we've tried: We have our own website. We also have a Facebook and a Twitter page. We are listed on Merchant Circle, Yelp and Hot Frog as well as some other free business directories. We have business cards and brochures which we take with us to shows and to local businesses while doing direct sales. We each belong to LinkedIn and have made business contacts that way. I also belong to a ton of CafeMom groups that allow advertising and post there regularly. (Check out my profile page to see which groups I mean.)

Fliers don't generally work because it's too broad of an audience.

You can try rkoloma's suggestion of joining the local chamber and the National Association of Women Business Owners but remember those have membership fees. Our local chamber is $450 a year for our level of membership (2 employees) and we just can't afford that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Get a name tag and where it everywhere you go. Get a magnet for your car. Don't just hand out one business card, give them one for themselves and one or two for friends. Vistaprint offers free business cards.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have a list on my Blog:

FREE Advertising

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010