How to help her...

Okay so just wed on my cuz 3rd bday her father (My uncle) passed away.. He was her whole world. Her mother has lost cus of her daughter and I volentered to take care of her. My little cuz doesn't know me or my 2 little girls.. How do you comfort a 3 year old who has lost her father and her mother in less then a week?

Younganproud

Asked by Younganproud at 12:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• oh... just want to give the little darling a hug.. but i think it would be best of you could just be as normal around her as possible. as not to ignore her questions if she has any.. pls answer them as truthfully as you can. and if you feel she needs a hug give it to her. but u could take all the kids out to the park or something to entertain her. and yes entertain every tantrum for now. keep her occupied whether its painting or cooking. in a little while you could start to talk to her about her parents and how much they love her (she should never be made to forget them is what i think)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I am trying but the hardest part is her dad (My uncle) was her everything, her mother well to be honest was a dead beat. She would sit around popping pills and smoking pot all the time. Her mother got her oldest daughter taken from her for child abuse... I barely know my cuz this is the 3rd I have met her and she calls me Mommy.... I just feel so sad, when ever I look at her she reminds me of her daddy I don't know how to explain to her about her daddy let alone her Mommy... She hasn't asked for either of them YET but it hasn't even been 24 hours since she seen her Mommy and when her Mommy was leaving she didn't even want to give her a hug or kiss (The little girl didn't want to)... I can see in her eyes how confused and sad she is.... It breaks my heart.... I don't know how long I can keep her since I have 2 girls myself 3 and 2 and my little cuz is 3 as well it is a bit much for me to be doing but I have no prob cause
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 1:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010