3rd shifters: do you have trouble flipping your sleep onyour days off?

or do you even attemtp it? or doyou just stay on ur 3rd shift schedule??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom used to work 12 hour shifts from 6pm to 6am. What was worse was the way her days worked. 3 night on, 3 nights off. ...so her schedule was always moving. She didn't have any fixed days off. She did that for 2 years. kicked her ass. She tried to be up during the day on her days off but eventually she gave that up and never got anything done. A little while after that the nursing home layed off a bunch of people and she was one of them. Good thing too. Not sure how much longer she would've been able to keep that up.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I do the 3rd shift...let me tell you its hard to regain normal sleep during the week when you work like that...I dont think I will be doing it that much longer either...I am also 20 weeks pregnant...its really taking a toll on me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My dad did. He always worked late nights or over nights when I was a kid and would usually stay up that late on his days off, too, because he was so used to his schedule. That meant me and my brother had to keep quiet in the mornings/days on his days off. Wasn't a problem during the school year since we were at school but in the summer...we were basically kicked out of the house as soon as we woke up so he could sleep.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My husband does-he usually works nights 6p-6a 3 on,2off,2on,3off-something like that and then he'll switch to day shift after 4wks, and is body is so messed up. He tries to get up early on his last day and stay up throughout the day so he'll be tired that night, but it doesn't always work that way. Try natural remedies if you can't get back to sleep on days off such as a warm bath,eating bananas,tea that makes you sleepy, excercise that day. It takes a toll on your body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My husband works 3rd shift a lot and he has trouble adjusting back to sleeping on normal days. I also have trouble sleeping when he's not on 3rd shift because I get so used to him not being here at night, LOL!! It's funny, when he first starting working rotating shifts, I couldn't sleep at all when he was on midnights. Now, that's our favorite shift because he gets a lot done during the day and we get to spend a lot of time together as a family.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2010