clipping toenails/finger nails

clipping my sons toe nails is a pain, finger nails not so much but toe nails my son laughs ans wiggles all over

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• you're going to have to be a bit more strict with him. Him understanding that he MUST listen to you is necessary, whether its to brush his teeth, eat his veggies, or cutting nails....you have to instill more discipline.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• do it while he is sleeping.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yep, my 3 kids have sensory issues and clipping the toenails has always been a challenge. My older boys are big enough to do it themselves now. With the little one I try to snip nails while he is engrossed in a favorite cartoon, other times I have my hubs hold him and talk to him while I try to snip quick. Less wiggling when Dad holds him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Do it in his sleep until he's old enough to do it himself. I'm 24 and I can't have someone else trim my toenails (like for a pedicure). It tickles so much it's painful. It doesn't tickle to cut my own but it's awful when someone else does it. I remember dreading it when I was three and screaming because it basically hurt it tickled so much. My mom just resorted to doing when I was asleep. I do that for my two year old.
    Greenesa08

Answer by Greenesa08 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2010