i hate veggies

my son wont eat his veggies he will eat everything but his veggies..... i tried giving him veggies first,i tried mixing the veggies in his food but he to smart for that, i tried the no drink or treat trick... what can i do

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• you need to eat veggies too. And talk about how even though you don't like them, you eat them anyways because you know they are important to keep your body strong and healthy. Kids will do what you do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first answer.. I hate veggies to and had to develop a fake "mmm these bean are soo good" also try the book deceptively delicious by sinfelds wife,they have a recipe with colliflour and spiciach in brownies and ya really cant tell their there!! honest just tastes like moist brownies! I have the book and might be able to find some time to e-mail you a few of the recipies in there if it would help at all, just to save you cost of a book ..let me know ♥God Bless♥ Elizabeth
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first answer. My kids both hated vegi's at first...for a long time before they would eat them...I just kept puttting them on their plate and I would eat them too. My first son (who is 9) wouldn't eat them until he turned 3 (but I always served them,ate them and never pushed the issue-he now eats broccoli,spinich,corn,peas,carrots pretty much everything...but he likes them raw!! lol except corn) My 2 year old hated them too-he would spit them out as a baby and go "icky" when I put them on his plate. He now loves sugar snap peas, red,yellow & green peppers,pickles.lettuce & cucumbers. What turned him around was I started a big vegi garden in my backyard last summer. He would go out there and pick them and eat them (the one thing I let him get into! lol) He started loving sugar snap peas and the peppers...it has been expanding ever since! If you surround him with a vegi filled environment, he will eat them.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Good answer flowermom♥ I might try that aswell if you don't mind☺
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Kids love to dip. Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• have you tried raw veggies? they often do taste better. like pps said, if they can plant them as seeds, watch them and harvest them themselves, they might enjoy them more as well. also, like pps said, never quit giving them!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You could try making zucchini/squash bread or fritters. There's a plethora of information on the internet if you do some googling for "deceptive healthy foods" LOL
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i dont hate veggies, my son does he wont eat them he tells me to eat them..
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Excuse me-but if people are taking time out to try and help you-the answer to them might be THANK YOU!!-I have read the other ladies advice and not only is it GREAT advice, but it is NICE advice. Your response is "I don't hate vegi's!!" NO ONE implied that you hated vegi's! We are just telling you what worked for US! ignorant women like you that have the whole "me-me-me" attitude infuriates me. Stop being so "self focused!" Don't ask advice if you don't want to consider practicing the help that is given.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010