brushing teeth on a toddler

my son is pretty independant and ill let him brush his teeth himself for a bit but when i take over to finish hes a hastle... does anyone know any good tricks im sick of basicaly having to pin my son down to brush his teeth

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i used to have to pin him down. I would tell him "we can do this the easy way, or the hard way" ...eventually he learned the easy way was so much better! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Welcome to having a toddler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i felt much better when we got our oscillating toothbrushes, they do a much better job so the struggle doesn't last as long!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• we did the whole "we can do ti the easy way or the hard way." that was a struggle because he would scream... hard way and run. so i do sticker charts with him ... if he doesnt run and lets me brush them well then he gets a sticker. the chart has 20 spaces so he gets a little toy or treat when he finishes the chart. my opinion is that i would rather spend the money on toys than on dental work :)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010