Is the household plant IVY poisonous for baby to eat???

My 16mth old son just ate a leaf from my 4' IVY plant i bought from Raleys . Im not sure if they are poisonous to eat the leaves??/!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Health

• I think so and I'm not 100% sure, but mostly it's the berries of the plant that are harmful. That said, I haven't ever seen berries on mine. Call poison control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I meant to add, he would probably have to eat A LOT of leaves for it to be very harmful to him. I hope everything is ok!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Poison Control in the U.S. is 1-800-222-1222.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with calling poison control. It doesnt cost anything to call and it's better safe than sorry. My daughter picked and ate a mushroom outside once... I called them Immediately. If you EVER think your child has eaten something that COULD be poisonus, call them right away. You dont want to wait for them to get sick to find out.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2010