Im a first time mother, my son is 7 months I am having a hard time getting him in a routine, I need some advice pls!

ilybaby8609

Asked by ilybaby8609 at 2:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of a routine do you mean? At that age my first was in a very set schedule that he set himself. My second, was very anti routine and the only things that were set in stone was his bedtime and his meal times. He wasn't ever ready for a nap at the same time every day. He has fallen into a bit more predictable routine now but he did it on his own. Just watch him, write things down if you need to and work off of his natural tendencies. Writing things down can be really helpful in seeing almost patterns that you can tweak to make them stick. Good Luck.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't have a routine. I follow the baby's patterns, she sets her own schedule and we work around each other
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Generally watching the baby's habits is the best way to set a routine. But can you clarify on what you're trying to accomplish?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• He doesn't have a set schedule as far as his nap time and going to bed at a certain time. When he takes naps sometimes its only for 20 maybe 30 mins but then he ends up getting sleepy at 4 or 5 in the afternoon and then when he takes a nap then he will sleep longer so when he wakes up he won't go to bed until late. Idk, his schedule is a little crazy.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010