1st time Mom....teething or ear ache???? HELP!!!!

My daughter is 6 months & just got her shots & checkup (including ears) the other day 2...She has been extremely fussy, won't eat her baby food, she doesn't drink much of her bottle, messes with her ears, she isn't sleeping well @ all either.....I was thinking teething b/c not eating & nor taking a bottle falls in the line of symptoms as wellas messing w/their ears as it hurts all over but I'm not a 100% sure.....HELP!!!! LoL!

KileighsMom

Asked by KileighsMom at 2:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it is common for the ears to hurt when they are teething. It really is very hard to tell. I would say teething try giving Motrin 1 hour befor you feed her and see if it helps her eat better.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• it could just be the shots that are making her groggy. i know when my son was little & he got his shots, by the next morning he was miserable. it only lasted a day or two and was over. but it could also be teething. check her gums (run your clean finger along them) and see if you feel any bumps (teeth that are poking trough) once they break the gum she should be better. and if she just had her ears checked the dr. would have noticed something.. dont let her lay flat with the bottle or fall asleep with it that can cause ear pains as well.. im no dr. but these are just experiences i had with my son! hope it helps! =)
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 3:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We have been giving her med's b4 bed 2 ease pain & aches as the dr. Said if she isn't feeling good, but I didn't think(if its from the shots) it'd b this bad! My poor baby!Thanks!
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 3:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Sorry mommy. It could be any combination of things. If you think teething, Try rubbing babys gums with a clean finger... see if there's any relief. I do agree with giving baby motrin because it could also be the shots.

Breathe mommy, she'll get through this and so will you.
    Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I actually had the same problem not that long ago with my son. Try giving her motrin. I hear ear aches come a long with teething. There are also some baby teething tablets that dissolve in the babies mouth and those actually work really good.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 3:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• All babies are different but that sounds more like an ear issue than teething. While mine does mess with his ears some with teething, he ALWAYS messes with his mouth when he's teething. She may have even picked up some bug while at the docs office that is causing it. That sort of thing has happened to one of mine before. Keep an eye on her. If she isn't better in a day or so, or if she starts running a fever or getting worse in general then maybe see about getting her ears checked again just to be sure. Hope she's feeling better soon. (=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I just spent 3 hours in the ER with the SAME thing with my son. He has an ear infection on top of a cold. He is, what I believe to be, teething as well. After 40 hours of no sleep for momma, we got him some meds from the doc and he is much happier today.

Best wishes to ya.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2010