why is it any of his business????

Wife: I cant wait for you to get home!
Husband: Why?
Wife: So I kick you in the FACE! HA!
Husband: As if you could. You'd try and fail and then I would punch u in the nose!
Wife: Aw sweetie. Your so feeble, you couldnt hurt a fly!
Husband: I'll show you feeble, woman!
Wife: Oh shut up!

That ladies was the conversation I just had with DH. He trains drivers of 18 wheelers so at the time that this conversation was happening he had a new student loading up on the truck.

The guy hears the conversation (DH had me on speaker phone because he was doing logs) and tells DH that he's a horrible person for speaking to his wife that way. Dh tells him that that is just how we are. There is no threat behind it. it means nothing. I second that via speakerphone. The guy tells me that I'm brainwashed and dont know any better.

Am I the only one who has a way of talking to my SO/DH that is wierd, or that others may find offensive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Some of you REALLY need to lighten up!!! THEY WERE JOKING!! My husband and I joke around with each other like this all the time, IN FRONT OF OUR KIDS,( GASP)!!! They know we're kidding and it's good for them to see a HEALTHY relationship with a sense of humor and not walking around with sticks up our butts all the time. Almost every married couple I'm around, the HAPPY ones anyway, joke around in this manner. A dear friend of ours just passed away from cancer in January, and she and her husband were married for 51 years and they used to go at each other all the time like this, but in the next breath, they'd be holding hands and giggling. I've never seen such a wonderful display of love. They had one of the best marriages I've ever seen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Haha sounds like a conversation my SO and I would have, I think it's obvious you were both joking.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Wow! What an odd relationship you have. Is "kick you in the face" a euphemism for oral sex?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yeah to me it sounds horrible that you talk to each other that way. But if you two dont care then I wouldnt care what the other guy says.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Sounds like somebody needs to stick their nose where it belongs (& out of your business)...
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with some sarcastic humor in a relationship. That guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and he shouldn't have said anything, he was way out of place telling you you're brainwashed. Don't let it get to you, maybe he's one of those people that lives a crappy life with no humor and he tries to make other people feel crappy too.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 6:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Maybe he grew up in a house with a father who actually did abuse the mother. A lot of times victims of domestic abuse won't admit that there is a problem. Maybe your tons and words struck a memory in him from his past. Either way, just as he shouldn't really care what goes on in your relationship, you really don't have to care what he thinks of it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My dh and I talk like that everyday. Its you're life and you marriage, other people need to stay out of it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My husband and I joke around with each other like that all the time!! We both have a warped sense of humor, which we HAVE to have to get through difficult times. As a matter of fact, in orchestra practice Sunday evening at church he was getting on my nerves and I told him to shut up and threatened to stuff his head into his tuba!! LOL!! Everyone cracked up. We love to wrestle around with each other too ( we like to watch UFC together). It's good stress relief and good marriage therapy, LOL!! Your husband's friend needs to mind his own business.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• DH and I holler at each other like that all the time. Unless you're actually beating the crap out of each other, I don't see the harm in it and the other guy needs to mind his own business.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010