Anybody know how long it takes to see results from south beach diet. I did this years ago and dropped 6 lbs in a week,,,,I have been on it 5 days and no loss and alot of bloat

cameron536

Asked by cameron536 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• The same thing happened to me when I tried it! I was only on the first phase for one week because it was too hard for me (the sweets part). I hadn't lost one pound the whole week and by the 6th day, I thought, "screw it!" and gave in. (we went to a BBQ and I had a brat w/the bun, watermelon, a beer, cake & ice cream, etc.) and the next day, I dropped 6 lbs. It was the wildest thing! So, give it a few more days at least.

Is your period due? That could be a part of it.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 9:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Maybe your body has changed since the last time you tried South Beach. My husband's dr suggested he go on it to bring down his blood sugar. We skipped the first 2 weeks as being too strenuous. Now we generally eat according to the glycemic index and keep our weight down using that.

Joan
    http://www.Path2HealthyLiving.com/
    TexasMom817

Answer by TexasMom817 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008